This dish has long been considered one of the simplest and best ways of enjoying spring vegetables from the garden. We suggest serving it with a good glass of young Sangiovese, such as our organic IL FANTE.
- 2 kg of fresh fava beans still in the pod
- 300 gr Casale organic raw-milk semi-stagionato pecorino
- Casale organic extra virgin olive oil from the current year, black pepper, and some salt
- Fennel or dill (optional)
- Peel the fava beans. If they are too big, peel the thin skin off of them. Dress them with a little oil, a touch of salt, and black pepper. If you have some wild fennel seeds, sprinkle on top, as they go perfectly.
- Cut the pecorino into cubes.
- Place everything on a cutting board with a few full pods on the side for decoration.