Online Cheese production class package
Podere il Casale has been famous since 1991 for the production of raw milk goat and pecorino cheeses, a traditional product of the Pienza area.
With 180 sheep and 80 goats, the farm has an average production of 9000 kg of cheese per year. For lovers of dairy products this activity will be a moment of pure fun, you will be personally connected with the Master Cheesemaker of the Casale who will lead you through the various facets of the world of cheesemaking and topics regarding our livestock.
The topics that will be covered during the online course will be the following:
– History and peculiarities of the “Val d’Orcia territory”
– Characteristics and production cycles of our animals
– The importance of grazing and milking
– Cheese: From milk to cheesewheel
– On the basis of what criteria can a cheese be classified as organic?
– Added value of raw milk cheeses: What makes them so special?
This Package includes:
– Online demonstration of how a cheese is made (Duration of activity: 1h30min)
– Cheese Selection (4 different cheeses of a total of 1.2 kg of cheeses + 1x 165g jar of our organic honey)
– Selection of 3 Casale wines (1x red wine “il Regio” (750ml), 1x Fante red wine (750ml) + 1x Sibilla white wine (750ml)
– Casale cookbook
– Shipping cost of products and cookbook
How does the online course work?
The courses will take place on Zoom and last 1 hour and 30 minutes.
Available language: Italian, English, German
Once the participation has been confirmed, the online guests will receive a code by e-mail, thanks to which it will be possible to connect directly to the online course on that day and time available. During the course of the activity, the online guest, as well as owner and master cheese maker of Podere il Casale – Ulisse – will explain to you through videos what is behind our farm universe; starting from the pasture, then moving on to the milking phase and finally to the dairy.
The courses are characterized by alternating moments of conversation with the expert on the subject of each activity and by videos aimed at completing the 360 ° experience, showing the characteristic places and some peculiarities of the topics concerned.
During the live classes, online guests will be guided through historical notes, production techniques and many curious anecdotes of the world of products from the “Podere il Casale” and the Crete Senesi area.
Participants will be able to interfere at any time with questions, curiosities and why not also sharing their personal anecdotes to create a real interactive experience.
The scheduled starting time for all those who connect from the United States is 07pm (Italy), which corresponds to 1pm Eastern / 12am Central / 10am Pacific. Specific requests will be taken into consideration.