This is another typical cucina povera delight. This dish is both tasty and refreshing, especially after spending a day in the vineyards checking on the ripening grapes.
- 800 gr. Watermelon
- 150 gr. Casale organic feta (or Casale organic primosale, if you prefer a more delicate flavor)
- the flesh of one melon (optional)
- 2 tablespoons of Casale extra virgin organic olive oil
- the juice of one lemon
- 1 julienned lemon peel
- A few leaves of mint or summer savory
LEVEL: Easy PREP TIME: 15 min.
- Slice the watermelon thinly, removing the seeds as you go. Slice the melon thinly too. Arrange them on a platter.
- Sprinkle the feta on top of the slices.
- Prepare a dressing of olive oil, lemon, and a sprinkle of salt. Pour over the fruit and cheese.
- Add a few mint leaves, the lemon peel and if you like, some freshly ground pepper.